Harrisburg, PA Office
Home health care services in Harrisburg, PA
If your loved one served in the U.S. military, they may be eligible for home care benefits from the Veterans Affairs (V.A.)! For many years now, Options for Senior America has been providing home care for veterans in different States. Our specialized accounting department can assist our clients in applying for home care benefits from the Veterans Administration.
Caregiver Programs and Services
V.A. has long advocated for caregivers as vital partners in providing care worthy of the sacrifices by America’s Veterans and Service members. Several programs are available for all Veterans including:
- In-Home and Community Based Care: Skilled home health care, homemaker/home health aide services, community adult day health care and Home Based Primary Care.
- Respite Care: Designed to relieve the family caregiver from the constant burden of caring for a chronically ill or disabled Veteran at home. Services can include in-home care, a short stay in an institutional setting or adult day health care.
- Home Health Care provides long-term primary medical care to chronically ill veterans in their own homes under the coordinated care of an interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Homemaker / Home Health Aide Services provides health-related services for service-connected veterans needing nursing home care, provided by public and private agencies under a system of case management provided directly by V.A. staff.
- Skilled home care is provided by V.A. or through contract agencies to veterans that are homebound with chronic diseases. Available home health services include nursing, physical/occupational therapy, and social services.
- Domiciliary care is a residential rehabilitation program that provides short-term rehabilitation and long-term health maintenance to veterans who require minimal medical care as they recover from medical, psychiatric or psychosocial problems. Most domiciliary patients return to the community after a period of rehabilitation.
The V.A. has a program that can reimburse veterans for home care based on certain qualification criteria, including:
- Veterans must have served 1 day during an active war and had no less than a 90 day service.
- Surviving spouses must still have been married to the veteran when they passed.
- Veterans must have a doctor’s order requiring the need and assistance of another person.
- Veterans must have less then 80K in checking and savings and even less if they are applying as a single.
- Veterans must have received an honorable discharge or general discharge.