Independence, OH Office
Home health care services in Cleveland, OH
Frequently Asked Questions
A. We can usually start services within one or two days.
A. The name and address of the care recipient, a brief description of their personal care needs, and the required schedule. We would then schedule a needs assessment visit and a start date.
A. We would ask for your input as to the type of caregiver who would do well with the care recipient, and we would select the caregiver accordingly.
A. No. You can terminate at any time without penalty.
A. We bill you on a bi-weekly basis. You can arrange payment through direct debit, credit card payment or by check.
A. Options For Senior America offers a commitment to the client that in the event that they are not completely satisfied with the aide, Options will change the aide at no additional cost, no questions asked.
A. You will have access to our staff 24/7, 365 days a year. No answering service. Our on-call staff is on standby ready to receive and respond to your call.
A. We can arrange for you to interview our caregiver and there is no charge for this service.
A. Depending on the state where the care recipient lives, either our Registered Nurse, or our Community Relations Manager will conduct an in-home needs assessment for you with no financial obligation.
A. Yes. Options For Senior America has trained staff to verify benefits for a long term care (LTC) insurance policy . With your approval, we will verify the details of your policy and will let you know the results. Please be aware that health insurance riders do not typically cover our services.
A. Options For Senior America has been offering a full range of non-medical, personal care services since 1989. Now we also offer more skilled services by Registered Nurses and License Practical Nurses.
A. Yes. Our care is always determined by what you need, the length you need it for, and the schedule you require. We have a very flexible system to accommodate your individual needs tailored to your own situation.
A. Yes. We provide services to you or your loved ones whether at home or at a facility.
A. All of our care providers submit to a very thorough screening process before they are assigned to your care, including the following steps:
- Initial phone screening to determine if they are eligible to apply for work with Options For senior America
- Filling a 4 page application form consisting of 28 questions pertaining to their educational, experience, skills and health background.
- Sitting for a face-to-face interview with an Options staff to determine whether their character, trait and personality are fit and suitable for in-home health care.
- Passing a 20-point test specially designed for Options to check their knowledge of the field.
- Signing a Care provider Expectations and Code of Conduct document.
- Signing a document adhering to the regulations set for the use of vehicle to transport the care recipient.
- Passing all State requirements set by the relevant Department that governs regulations for home health care.
- Verification of any certificate held by the care provider and required to provide the service.
- Conduct a criminal background check anywhere they lived in the country going back 7 years.
- Submit to an orientation session to cover policies and procedures of Options.
- Submit to an orientation session to cover the specific duties, job description and requirement of the care recipient assigned to that care provider.
- All care providers are covered by a Dishonesty Bond.
- All care providers are covered by Worker’s Compensation insurance.
Our screening process is one of the most thorough in the industry that 1 in 5 care providers in our data base ends up being assigned to a client. We take personal pride in handpicking a care provider after carefully matching the needs of the client with the skills and character of the aide.
A. If a care provider cannot make it to work due to illness or accident or otherwise, Options For senior America will have a dedicated staff to find a replacement ASAP. We make every effort to dispatch another screened care provider to ensure continuity of the service.